Monday, July 21, 2008

New Bed!


This is Mary's new bed we are trying to transition her out of the crib with. It is totally cool. IT folds small and goes in this cool travel bag. The pillow and sleeping bag are all attached so they won't get lost or fall off.
So, yesterday we thought we would try to have her take her nap in it. At nap time Kevin moved the crib and put the bed in it's place. That way we could see her in the monitor. We watched her and she did lay there. She moved and moved. Then she realized there was a box of toys right at her head, which we forgot to move. SO, let's play with the toys. Ok, she'd take a toy and play and then lay down. Maybe she'll get tired and go to sleep. NOPE! She then figured out she could get out. So she got out and went and got a stuffed animal and climbed back in bed and played with it. The nap was not going to happen. I sent Kevin upstairs to move the crib back and put her in to take a nap. She didn't really put up a fight. Laid right down and went to sleep.
Today we tried again. I moved the crib and put out the new bed. I got her all situated and said "no playing" and kissed her and closed the door. I went into the other room and watched her in the monitor. She laid there and moved to get comfortable. Well, I had the bed moved just to where I could not see her head in the monitor, so that made it a little difficult. But, she wasn't moving out of bed or playing. She was still for a bit so I went and quietly opened the door and peaked in. She was ASLEEP!! It was great! So, she slept for a good two hours. AT that point she sat up and put her head at the other end of the bed and went back to sleep for another 15 minutes. Once she was up she got out of bed and climbed up on her stuffed animal chair. I went in to go get her and she was sitting there in the middle of the animals looking like she was not awake yet.
So, we made it through a nap. I'm not sure if we will have her sleep there tonight or what, but we'll see what she says.

No comments: