Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Doctor check up and our first 'outing'

Today Teresa had her week check up from her formula change. She is doing great. She actually gained ONE pound in a week. The little porker. She is starting to fill out her clothes finally. Better get her in all her newborn stuff one more time before we move on to the next size. But all in all she's doing great, says the doctor.
I left Mary with mom while we went to the doctor and then went back to get her. We then went tot he park to see some of our Stroller Stride friends. So, this was my first time out with the two of them w/out any one's help. It was a challenge. Luckily Teresa does not move yet, but I had to keep ahold of Mary in the parking lot and such. Then she took her shoes off in the playground and she would not put them back on. I had Teresa in my arms and was not sure what to do. Luckily another mom helped me out. Then we had to go meet Dad at AAA to try to transfer the Minivan over to our name. Oh, I finally got a bigger car. The focus was just not going to work for me. Mom and dad bought a new van and so we bought the old one. Works out much better.
Anyway, so we were off to AAA to meet dad. Dad was not there yet so I had to get the kids out on my own. Mary was good and held my hand in the parking lot. Then we get inside and she wants to touch everything. Well, of course, she will not listen to me say NO!! Oh well, we are learning still. Then dad showed up and could help me. We forgot one piece of paper so we couldn't complete the transfer. SO, tomorrow mom will have to meet me to do it again.
So, all in all it was an interesting first time out. I have to give my cousin a lot of credit dealing with twins and a 5 year old. How do you do it???????

No comments: