Ok, it's been a while since I've written anything. It's been a little nuts here trying to manage a 2 year old and an infant. We're learning what to do, but it's been tiring. Mary is acting up here and there and wants to be held all the time, but she's adjusting better than expected. But the things she is doing is to be expected.
We switched Teresa over to a different formula from the doctor and she's been a lot better. Not fussy and gassy like she was. She sleeps at night and lets me sleep too. Is up about every 3-4 hours to eat. That is fine as long as I get to sleep in those hours too. I get up and feed her and Kevin doesn't even move in bed to notice I'm gone or come back. He will get up when Mary wakes up about 6:30 and get her. That is good because I am usually up at 5:30 with Teresa, so I need to keep sleeping. SO, I will give him credit there.
Christmas was fun. We spent Christmas Eve at our friends, the Hill's, house. It is a tradition. Everyone was ga ga over Teresa, of course. We walked in and all the ladies surrounded her like a fly on poop (ok, not the best expression, but that's what it was like). They didn't even really say hi to Kevin or I, just the baby. HAHA = )


Christmas Day we spent the morning at mom's opening gifts. Mary enjoyed it all this year. It was cute. She didn't really like opening the gifts with clothes in them, but had fun opening it anyway. 

I got my double stroller from mom and dad. Kevin and Matt put it together. It was pretty cute to see them working together.
In the afternoon we went to Kevin's sister's house for the Brochtrup family Christmas. It's always nice to see the other part of the family who lives further away. They all enjoyed to see Teresa as well. I didn't get to hold her much that day.
Aunt Margeaux holding Teresa and Cousin Stephanie below holding her.


Now it's back to reality and off to a new year. Not sure if we're doing anything for new years. Now that we have kids, it's a bit tougher. Can't really drink at home and get silly when you have a responsibility to take care of children. Mary will sleep all night, but we kinda have to be sober to take care of Teresa. So, if we find something then we will have to see if mom and dad will watch them. I do kinda need a night of fun and drinking after 9 months of none of it. SO, we shall see. If not, oh well, there are lotsa nights to do that. We don't need a specific day it is supposed to be done. We are going to Vegas in a few weeks for my birthday.
1 comment:
Hi! I used to work with "Aunt Margeaux" at San Francisco Suicide Prevention! Isn't she the greatest??
If you see her, please send on my e-mail: penny.o@gmail.com
Thanks
Penny O'Leary
Post a Comment