Thursday, December 4, 2008

week 37 and one day check up

Today was my 37 week and one day check up. I met with a new doctor today and this is the best I've felt after any apt I've had this pregnancy. He was so nice and actually talked to me and answered my questions. What a concept. I asked him about my due date and why and when they change it. He explained that, at first, they go by your last period. Which that would make my due date December 11th. Then when you have your first ultrasound at 10 weeks they read that and make adjustments, it needed. Well mine read that the baby was small and changed my due date by two weeks. If it was only a change by a week they would not have adjusted the date, but it was by two weeks, so they changed the date to the 24th. So, they go by that date for the whole pregnancy. I had him check the ultrasound I had later on and he said it changed it to the 20th, but they are still going by the 24th. So, we shall see.
I'm going on the 11th, which is next week. I think I"m going to be closer to that then the 24th. But what do I know, I'm only the pregnant one. I was right on with Mary, so I think I'm going to be right on with this one. Dad says it's going to be the 12th. That's great, it's next Friday. I can do that. My next doc apt is that day and I hope I don't make it due to being in deliver. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for me and think positive for next Friday. Please, I need all the helpful thoughts I can. I so want to live my life normally again, bend over, sleep, have some wine, the usual stuff.
By the way, we did decide on a name, I think, so hopefully that will give her the incentive to come out to the world. And, no, you don't get to know until she is here. = )

No comments: