Monday, December 15, 2008

No Such Luck

Well, Sunday morning at 1:30am I wake up thinking I"m in labor having contractions. So I lay there watching the clock courting the minutes and timing the pains. I lay there and lay there and then they start to subside. I think, ok I can go back to sleep. Well, that wasn't going to happen. I was now awake and anxious because this is it. So, now it's 4:30 and I'm tossing and turning. I decide to go downstairs and leave Kevin alone. I continue to watch the clock and time things. I think it's back up and running and it's going to be it. 7:00 I call labor and delivery and tell them what's up. The girl tells me to wait until they are 5 min apart for an hour and then come in. Ok, fine. I decide it's time to wake up Kevin and tell him what's up. Then back down to concentrate on the pains.
Mary is up now and so I go take a shower, since it's probably the last good one I"ll get for a couple days. Then I eat a little something. Back to watching the pains and the clock. Ok, I think they are getting there. Kevin is thinking not, but he won't say anything. I"m not in 'pain' as I was with Mary. But, in my head I just want this kid out and so whatever pains I have is going to be it.
11:00 we decide to go to the hospital. Call my parents and have them meet us there to get Mary. Get there and, well, I don't' really have anymore pains. BUT, I'm still going up there and getting this kid out. I get checked in and all hooked up to the monitors. Nothing is really happening. = ( So, they tell me to go walk for an hour. So, I walk the short hallways back and forth for an hour. I walk a blister to bleed on my toe. Now I go back to my room and get hooked back up. Nothing has changed. I tell the nurse, 'I'm here induce me'. She gave me that look like, ya, no. COME ON! She did say the baby is happy. Then she looked at me and said that I didn't look so happy. She was right.
SO, back home we go. I'm a little ticked off with the whole situation and in a bad mood. I know I created that myself. Today I've decided to give up. I am going to do my best to try not to think about it, too much. I'm going to just enjoy my time with Mary while I can.

No comments: