Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Stayed Awake!!

Friday was a full on girls day. PART ONE - Mary and I started by going out to Simi Valley to hang with our shopping girls. We met up with mom at 9:15 to drive down at the same time. We arrived at Corner Bakery at the mall about 10. I realized on the way down I had not eaten anything all morning. I was too busy getting ready and making sure I had all I needed for Mary and making Kevin a lunch that I never ate anything for myself. So I was starving. I scarfed down a bowl of oatmeal as us girls gabbed for a bit. Then it was off to start shopping.
I had discovered on our last girls trip about the cool shipping carts/cars to keep her entertained and the train ride. well it's been a month since we've been and this time around the cool car was not going to work this time. She is too independent now and wants to walk with us. UGH, fine! Between all of us we were able to keep her outa trouble. She was a very good girl, surprisingly. I will have to give myself a pat on the back for raising her right, somehow. She did pretty good listening as long as she was able to do things. So, I spent the $5 on the cool stroller to push around everyone shopping bags. haha Next time I bring the regular stroller for that.
Aunt Amy did grace us with her presence by lunch and Mary wanted her to ride the train with her. So, Aunt Amy did.
We had lunch and finally left for home for nap about 2. She slept on the way home. I took her out hoping she'd continue sleeping in her room. She doesn't transfer as well as she used to. Well, she did kinda wake up. I put her in her room and she luckily went back to sleep. THANK GOSH! I needed a nap too.

PART TWO - Now it was time for mommy to have some girl time w/out Mary. I was going to go meet Corie and a couple of her friends for dinner and to go see Twilight, the new movie. The three of them have read the series of books. Me, I got through page 100 of the first of four books. I'm not a big reader and with Mary I'm not a reader at all. No time to read, except if it's a book about Clifford or Curious George.
So, I already had a long day. I tried to nap, but was not having any luck. So, I was going on what energy I had. The movie did not start until 10:30. No one really had any hope for me to stay awake. Well, I was going to prove them wrong. I think the fact that I was going out and doing something w/out mary gave me some extra energy. I made it through dinner and then we had to stand in line for an hour to get into the movie. That was rough on me and my belly, but I did it.
So, we finally get into the movie and sit down. It was packed with a wide variety of ages. Of course the teenagers, but we were not the oldest ones there. There were some there with gray hair. haha The movie starts and I remember the first bit that I read and I'm getting into it. I'm awake and doing good. Then it starts to get slow and my eyes start to get heavy. I was forcing myself to keep them open. I'm pretty sure I did. Then I had to pee. I notice that NO ONE has gone to pee in this theater. WEll, miss prego has to. So I go real quick and come back. Then it was not too much longer after taht the movie was over. We get out and I look at my watch and it's almost 1. I DID IT!!! I'm pooped, but I did it! I finally get home and lay my head on my pillow at 1:16. What a day of fun!

No comments: