
We decided it was time to try to transition Mary to a big girl bed before we start to move furniture around for the new little one. I found a toddler bed on Craig's List for $40. What a deal!! It came with the mattress and everything. Perfect! Kevin picked it up after work last week. He put it together on Monday. Mary was at grandma's that night so when she came home she saw her new bed and was all excited.
This time change has really ruined her all around. I know we have internal clocks, but hers is all screwed up and it's screwing me up. The morning of the change we were down at Sal's and she was up at 5am on the dot. The next morning she was up at 5am again. Monday night she went to mom's and so Tuesday she was up at 4:45. Today, Wednesday, she was up at 4:30. Each night we got her to go to bed about normal time, if not just a tad bit early. I hope this changes soon, real soon. I cannot live waking up at that time each day. I know I will have to once the new one comes, but really, not now!
Anyway, back to the new bed. She slept great in it last night. She did lay down and was happy. I think being super tired helped her not want to get out and play. When she woke up at 4:30 she just sat up and called out my name and did not try to crawl out. Kevin went in to tell her to lay back down and then she crawled out. She was happy to take her nap in it today and stay as well. She's still down at the moment, so we'll see what she does when she wakes up. But it's been a good transition. She is even happy about giving up her crib for her sister. Well, that's waht she says now. We shall see what happens when she is actually here and using the crib.
No comments:
Post a Comment