Mary has started this thing about being scared of monsters. Not sure where she got it from. so, she has started waking us up at 5:30, 4:50, and today at 6:00. Calling out for me. She's loud too.
Yesterday Kevin went in to get her and the first things he says is "light on". Well it's dark still at4:50 in the morning, even at 6 now. He did not turn on the light. So, picture this........she's scared of monsters and Kevin goes in, won't turn on the light, and picks her up and he has no shirt on and he's a hairy guy. Mary gets scared more and I hear her say "shirt on please, shirt on please". Made me laugh down the hall. Poor girl.
So I got her a night light to scare the monsters away. So today she made it until 6, which is ok with me. It's the 5 o'clock hour that gets me.
We think it is half due to monsters and the other half that she needs to pee. She is doing so great with her potty training that she wakes up dry 90% of the time at night. So, we calm her down from monsters and then we go pee. When she woke up at 4:50 we put her back down and after going to the potty and she sleep for another hour.
SO, this is a new fun thing. It's kind preparing me for feedings again. She's not quite ready to go potty on her own since she can't pull her panties up and down yet. Soon I hope. AND she's still in her crib so she can't get out on her own to pee. She loves her crib, so why take her out of it yet. I will need it in about 5 months, but that gives me time to transition her. I'm just not ready to give her the freedom to roam in and out of bed yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment