Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Friends

We have made new friends, Kevin and I. Most people say they met their date or significant other off the internet, well we met our new friends off the internet too. I had posted our entertainment center on Craigs list and it sold. I ended up selling it to someone who actually lives in our little town of Val Verde. They live not too far away from us. So they come to pick up the unit and when they come to the door the wife recognizes me. We had taken the mom and tots swim class together this summer. So, we already kinda knew each other and her youngest was about the age of Mary.
So they come in and look at the unit and the kids are playing. They have three kids. The oldest is maybe 7, but they all got along great right away. They decide to take the unit and will come pick it up later in the week. We just all seemed to hit it off and were talking like we already knew each other.
We talk back and forth on email to arrange picking up the unit. The husband comes and gets it on Sunday. Half the unit fits in his van and Kevin puts the rest in the Durango and follows him back to their house to unload it. He notices they have a pop up trailer in the driveway. They like to camp. Then he sees he has a fireman's sticker on his car. His father in law is a fireman. OK, these are our kinda people. So, Kevin is thinking how can I not sound queer and ask this guy to be our friend??? haha. Well, I email Stephanie and she writes back they thought the same thing and now we're going camping with them this weekend at the beach. THey happened to have an extra spot we could take. It was meant to be. The beach is going to be a little cool this weekend, but it's ok. We'll deal. We need to use our motorhome more than three times a year.
So, since we've never hung out with these people before we're not sure what we're into. We have our little routine and such with mom and dad and their friends for camping, but who knows what this will be like. I'm sure it'll be fun, but a new experience. Good thing I can't drink yet. I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself the first time. Kevin on the other hand I will have to keep an eye on.
So, I will report back with all the fun details!

No comments: