Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Night of Laughs


Last night/afternoon we used our auction item from the MS dinner. We, Kevin's sister and brother in law and us, all got to go see Jay Leno and go to dinner at a nice restaurant. We had VIP tickets. It was pretty cool. We got to park in the NBC lot and just walk into the show and sit in saved seats for us. They were not the best seats, but they were cool. The cameras were in the way to really see the guests or Jay, but we were there.

Jay is a really cool guy. He came out before the show in jeans and a button up shirt and talked to the crowd for a bit. Then 5 minutes later he was in a suit and we were taping the show. When the show was over we got to go down and take a picture with him and shake hands. It was quick but cool. Then we got a tour of backstage of the building. We saw dressing rooms and the studio for Access Hollywood, which used to be the old Johnny Carson studio. There is a star on the floor where Johnny's desk would sit. Then we were escorted outside where Jay came out again and would take pictures before he left the studio. So, of course I had to do one again. He gave me a strong hug when we took our picture. Pretty nice. Kevin had to take one with a MADD magazine. If you get a picture of a 'star' with a MADD magazine and send it in you get a free 3 year subscription. Pretty cool. How often do you get a chance to do that!
Then Jay got in his car and drove home. They say he drives a different car, of his 100's, to work each day. This was his car of the day. This one is a 1954 Dodge Coronet Suburban

Then we were off to dinner, I was starving. Along with the VIP tickets the package came with a certificate for Morton's Steakhouse. It was just down the block from the studio. YUMMY. We had a really nice dinner. I think I put the baby in a food coma, until I gave it the YUMMY chocolate dessert. It was to die for.

P.S.............I know this is the same shirt I wore in the last entry. It seems to be one of the only ones that still kinda fits me. I need to go shopping for some new clothes, bigger ones. I'm growing FAST.

No comments: