Tuesday, September 9, 2008

auction fun

Kevin's sister, Linda, has MS. Yesterday was the MS golf tournament for MS which Jim and Linda put on. Kevin went and helped out for the day. I went for the dinner and auction at the end. It was a fun adult time. A comediam Jim and Linda met on their Alaska cruise was our dj/mc. He has been on the tonight show 6 times and was really funny. He got a package donated from the tonight show to auction off. It is for four VIP tickets to a show and a back stage meet and greet with Jay. Well, Jim bid on it and won!! So, we said we'd split the bid and go with them. That should be a fun night whenever we go. Since Jay is leaving the show it will be fun to say we saw him before he left. Then we bid on some silent auction stuff. We won a wine basket. It was full of one wine and a bunch of snacks, which will be great to take on our wine tasting trip in a week. Then I bid on a picture package for a family photo. We won that too. But I didn't notice that it has to be booked w/in a month. Well, the whole reason I bid on it was so we could have a nice family photo once the second one comes. Well, I'm going to call and try to wiggle my way around that. Cry if I have to, but I don't want to do it until January or so. So, we shall see what happens. So, overall it was a fun night of adult fun. The food was great. I ate a HUGE piece of chocolate cake. I ate the whole thing too. I fell kinda bad, but it was soooo good. I will go walking today and ry to work it off.

No comments: