I had also given the doctor a form to fill out from the school. 4:00, that same day, they call me and tell me that they need to do three more tests which are needed on the form. They could not have seen this when I was already there??????????? HELLO!!!!! So, in order to get it all done by Friday with lab work I run back to the office, which is across town about 10 miles. I need to get there by 4:30. I throw the kids in the car, as is, and we are off. I get there and have to wait, of course. The girls are fussy and don't' want to be there. Neither do I. They finally call us in. They need to do a hearing test and an eye test, and a glucose test. Of course, Mary does not want any tests done. We get her to do the hearing and eye test ok. Then come time to prick her finger for a little blood. Here comes the tears and the whining. Super mom to the rescue to hold her down and straighten her finger. We get that done, get more stickers, and we are off. Poor Teresa had to experience that one.
Ok, so we get that day over with. Now it's on to Thursday to go to the dentist for the first time. Here we go again with the fun of super mom. Thankfully my mom takes Teresa again. We get to the dentist. Mary is not happy. She doesn't want to do this. Says she does not like the dentist, which she has never been to. They have toys all over and she is happy playing with them. Then they call her in. She does not want to go. I drag her to the x-ray room. She does not want to sit down to get pictures taken. Finally she sits on my lap on the chair and we take some digital pictures of her teeth. Not so bad she decides. Then we move to the dentist chair. NO WAY is she going to sit there. So, I climb in and drag her on top of me. She's still not happy. The dentist comes in and is really nice and trying to talk to her to get her to clean her princess teeth. We finally get her to try the dentist's brush cleaner on one tooth. She thinks it tickles, so is 'ok'. We eventually get her to do the cleaning. She got two toys out of it, from the dentist, AND a free electric tooth brush. Let me tell you, she has not brushed her teeth so many times in one day thanks to that tooth brush. She did not have one cavities and the dentist said she had healthy looking teeth. YEAH MARY!

Now it is Friday and we have to go back to the doctor to get her TB test read. Of course, she does not want to go back to that scary place. I assure her there is going to be no needles of any kind. We get there and they want her to pee in a cup too. I have her pee before we leave the house, so she had no pee in her. Ok, fine take the cup home and bring it back with pee, TODAY. Seriously? You could not have done this test on Wednesday when I flew back here for the other three tests? OMG! So we get the TB test read, negative!!! Now we are off to the school, back at home 10 miles away, for a parent meeting. I fly back there and have our little meeting, while Mary and Teresa tear apart all the toys in the place. AND I find out I need to be back at 1:00 for a parent meeting about the program. Right at Teresa's nap time. Oh well, she'll deal. So, we clean that up, go home and get Mary to pee in the cup. FLY back 10 miles to the doctor to drop off the pee. Wait while they test it and get me my form I need for school. FLY back home, 10 miles, and feed the girls and get back to school for the meeting. Have the meeting and get home to finally put Teresa down for me.
Everything is finally complete and Mary is officially going to start school on Tuesday! She will go M-F 12:30-4. Lunch and a snack is provided and the best part, it's all FREE and walking distance from the house. I do have to volunteer 20 hours a month, but it's all worth it to me, I hope. Mary is super excited to go to school. So, my little girl is growing up.
1 comment:
WOW what a mess! Glad it all worked out for the best!
Post a Comment