Sunday, June 22, 2008

money making weekend!!

This weekend we were off to State Line for some gambling fun for Elaine's 60th birthday! We were up at the butt crack of dawn Friday to get to mom's by 7:30. We all loaded up into one car to head to Traci's house to drop off Mary. Traci is the daughter of Mary, who we named our Mary after. We arrived at Traci's about 8:30. Dumped all Mary's stuff and and passed Mary along and were off. Mary didn't shed a tear or fuss as we left. She saw the horse and cats and she was ready to play. So nice to know she's happy there and will have a good time.
So, we were off to have some adult fun time! This was a surprise for Elaine. Corie and Jim, daughter and husband, planned this adventure all on their own. The whole way there Corie and I were texting each other to see who was where and when we were going to be there. Of course, the four of us arrived first. We are the early party animals of the group. We arrived at 12:15. Checked in and headed for lunch. Just as we finish lunch they arrived. We found them and waited for her to turn around and surprised her. She was very surprised to see us. It was fun to see the reaction on her face. Now it was off to start the drinking and gambling. Well, they would do the drinking, not me. First stop was the bar. Tradition is the get a Corona first ting. Some of our rooms were not ready so we sat at the bar and stuck in some money at a video poker machine and had a drink. Kevin was winning, as usual, on those machines. He got up to go pee and I sat down to keep his seat warm. I decided to keep playing his money. I kept wining and winning and winning. I won him $200. SO, of course, I said he had to give me that money. Well, he gave me $100, that works. Rooms were still not ready so we continues to play. Every time someone had to pee I would try to win them money. It worked one more time for dad, but not so much when Elaine left me with her machine. Hey, I can't win all the time.
Rooms were finally ready and everyone could settle in. Party to continue. We gather in Elaine's room to start the celebration. Mom brings over her birthday present, Patron Tequila. They all start doing shots. They get VERY silly. The theme song of the weekend turns out to be HOT HOT HOT. But the part they like to sing the most and annoy us with was the Ole Ole Ole Ole party. I still have it stuck in my head. Things are mighty different when you are the only sober one.
SO we decided to go over to Whiskey Pete's for dinner and gambling. Had a good time there and didn't really win any money there, but it's ok.
Saturday comes and I'm the only one who wakes up w/out a headache!!! I love that feeling!!! Off to a greasy Vegas breakfast. I hate those. Then mom and I decide to go do some laps of walking at the outlet mall before they open. It's our justification for eating and 'drinking' more. Whatever works. While we were walking I was telling mom how our health insurance had changed and this baby was going to cost us more then Mary did. I said that if I won big again that I'd save the money to spend on co-pays for doctor visits. Well, god must have listened to me. I decide to stop at the craps table on the way back from shopping. Well, let me tell you, it was a HOT table. I was there for over an hour and I could not lose. It was freakin' awesome! My stack kept growing and growing. I finally reached a point where I told myself if I lost money to there that I'd leave. Well, I cashed in for $100 and I cashed out at $560!!! Talked about being ahead. I received a $500 chip. It was so cool to hold one so large. I had to go out to the pool, where everyone else was, and show it off before I took it to the cashier. I held onto it tight as I showed it off. No one was going to steal that away from me. I worked hard to get that. After bragging I went and cashed it in to put it in my wallet. Back to the pool to get mom to go shopping at the mall and spend some of it. I bought myself two new pairs of shoes at Sketchers and decided to hold onto the rest of the money for those co-pays I said I'd pay for.
I did end up giving a little bit of money back but I still came home $400 ahead! I'm a bit proud of myself for keeping that much. I do have to say I woke up this morning thinking about trying to win more, but then I thought about how I could also give some back too. I was smart and just went home, ok, after trying one machine and giving $10 back. I had to try.
When we went to pick up Mary she was NOT a happy camper we were there. She did NOT want to go home. It's nice she was so content there, but it would be nice if she missed us some. It's ok, she will adjust back to home and us by the night, I hope.

No comments: