Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lucky 6 Years


6 years ago February 26th Kevin and I were married in Las Vegas. We decided to go back this year to celebrate. We had a blast. Mary stayed at Aunt Linda's for two nights and one with Nana and Papa. Teresa stayed all three nights with Nana and Papa. We had three crazy nights without kids. It was awesome.

We were on our way by 1pm Thursday. Made it to State Line in 3 1/2 hours. Stopped there for dinner. Before dinner I hit four of a kind at video poker, starting off the trip right, I was now already up $62.

We then got dinner at our favorite noodle place and we were off to our hotel downtown. We have never stayed downtown, so it was going to be new and exciting. We were staying at the Four Queens. Our good friend who helped us with our wedding, who works in the Vegas hotel business, got us upgraded to a suite. It was a nice big room with a big couch and little wet bar. It was just right for us. We settled in and were on our way to walk around and start having some fun. Well, we did just that. We found a couple fun blackjack tables and started winning money. It was having one of those days where there was nothing I couldn't touch that wasn't going to pay me. It was great! We found an Elvis machine that was really good to me. We were having fun. 2am rolled around and we were beat. Off to bed we went, a little richer.

The next day we decided we wanted to go down the strip on the city bus. $14 for the whole day for the two of us. What a deal, we thought. It was fun, at first. Then we started to stop about every 300 yards. It was taking forever to get anywhere. We made it part way down and got fed up and got off at Casino Royal. It was a good spot to get off, for us. Cheap drinks at Casino Royal and next to the Imperial Palace, where we got married. We walked over to the IP (Imperial Palace) to go to the chapel. We went in, kissed, and left. Then we had to get our traditional Mai Tais from the IP.
Then we decided to just head back downtown for more fun.The trip back on the bus wasn't as bad. Not as many stops. We decided to do a nice dinner for our anniversary for dinner. Kevin found a place called Three Georges downtown that looked good. We headed there. It was really nice. Service was great. We splurged for a $40 bottle of wine, since we were winning. The waiter forgot to bring us our salads before dinner. he felt bad and ended up bringing them anyway with no charge. Then we told him it was our 6th anniversary, which is chocolate, so he brought us a chocolate explosion for free too. I got a chocolate martini.
So after all that fun at the restaurant we were feeling good. ; ) I decided I needed to crab dance back to the hotel to the club music playing outside.

We gambled and went to bed at 2am again. We are wild without kids I tell ya!

The next day, Saturday, was our actual anniversary. We had done so much already we thought we'd stay downtown and just walk around and have fun. We went to get our free picture taken at Binions with the million dollars.

That night we had show tickets to go see KA
When you think about Cirque Du Soleil you think of flying around, jumping and stuff. Well, this show had not much of it. It was actually pretty boring. We were disappointed. I almost fell asleep in the first half. But we saw it. Our good friends Cyndi and Brian went with us. They live in Vegas. She is the one who helped us with our wedding. She always gets us good deals when we go. She's a local and Vegas caters to locals with all kinds of deals. So she was able to get us cheaper tickets for the show. After the show we headed back downtown for dinner. Gambling after dinner was a must. Brian was playing a penny machine. He made a 40 cent bet and won $500! Talk about luck! Pretty cool! We left them and continued to play. We found a blackjack table and were having a ton of fun. The people we were sitting with were a lot of fun. We were winning up and down. It was 12:30 and I was ready to head for bed. Kevin threw out a $30 bet and won. I thought that looked like fun. I only had $25 chips left. I thought, why not bet one. We were already ahead so much I could not really lose. Well, I won. I did it again, and won. Ok, this was fun. I had my second wind going. For an hour and a half we were betting $25 at a time. It was so much fun. 2:30 finally rolled around and our eye lids were not going to stay open anymore. Kevin cashed out over $100 up and I cashed out $35 up. Hey, it was a win over all!

Now it was Sunday, going home day. = ( Most trips we are ready to go home, due to Vegas taking all our money. This trip we were ready to stay and win more. They were calling for snow Saturday night, and it flurried a little, but not enough to have the excuse to say we were snowed in. BUMMER! Ok, so pack up and head home. Relieve my parents of the kids and get home. It was sure a fun fun weekend just the two of us. Thank you to my parents and Kevin's sister, and Jim, for taking care of the kids. We appreciate it much!!


So, in the end, Vegas paid us to come and have fun. We went and came home with the exact am mount of money we left with. That is a win in my book!

No comments: