Monday, July 27, 2009

Wasn't Cheap, But We Had Fun!


Thursday we dropped the kids off at mom and dad's and we were off for some grown up fun in Vegas for the weekend. We have had this trip planned for a couple months. We got offers in the mail for free rooms at the Orleans. How could we pass that up?! Between the two of us we got three nights free. Which also included $10 in food comp per day and $10 in slot play for each of us. Again, how could we pass this up?! So, we checked to make sure our babysitter was available and booked the room.

SO, the day had finally arrived to go and we were on our way!!! We were finally on the road about 12:00. We made it to state line by 3:30. I had to stop to do some shopping at the outlet mall. While I was shopping Kevin proceeded to loose $40 right away at video poker. I finished my shopping and we were on our way to Vegas. A quick half hour and we were there! Checked in, got a drink, met up with Sal and Steph, dropped our stuff off in our room, and went back down to the casino floor to start the fun.
Here I am with Stephy starting to have fun and enjoy the kid free time!

Friday morning Kevin and I were off to the strip to do some walking around. We went down to a new casino someone told him about, Tuscany Suites. Well, that was a waste of a $15 cab ride. But we signed up for their players card and got to play on a free $10. Didn't win anything, but that seemed to make it even. Off we went from there to walk around more. Our goal was to go to the Imperial Palace to find our Mai Tai bar tender. We eventually made it there but found out he would not be there until 2......We Shall Be Back! For lunch that day we met up with friends of ours Cyndi and Brian. Cyndi helped us with our hotel booking, when we got married. We became friends with her and have kept in contact for almost 5 years. We have found out it's really helpful to have friends in Vegas. They get super great deals. She got us two for one tickets to go see Le Reve at the Wynn. We went and saw that Friday night. It was AWESOME! I would total recommend it to anyone. The show was at 9:30. So we took the shuttle to the strip early to go see Don, our Mai Tai guy, then walked down to the Wynn. It is quite a walk, but we made it.

This is the four of us at the Mai Tai bar
After the show we had to walk all the way back. Well, walking the strip on a Friday night in the summer is NOT fun. We were like fish going up a bad stream. Once we met up with Sal and Steph we were so ready to head back to our hotel where it was nice and quiet. (Our hotel was off the strip)




This is Kevin's face after walking the strip with all the crazies out there.

Once we got back to the Orleans it was pretty late. So we sat at the bar and played some video poker. We were having fun and all of a sudden it was 1 am. I was off to bed at that point. That is WAY past my bed time.

Saturday we were actually slept past 6:30 in the morning, which is rare for us, but super nice. Today we just hung out by the pool and relaxed all day around the hotel.


We hung out at the pool in the morning. This was Kevin's lovely outfit he picked out to wear. Quite the attire to see walking towards you.

We had a nice dinner at the steak house. One bar has a stage where they have a live band at night. We found seats at the bar and parked it until the band started. Well, once the band started and was getting the itch to go dance, somewhere other than my seat. There was a dance floor over by the stage. NO one was dance. WELL, that did not stop me. I went out there and danced all by myself. The singer gave me props in between songs and said that everyone else should join me. Well, no one did, so I kept dancing. It was not pretty really, but who did I know?! I was having FUN! I know if my mom was there she'd be out there with me dancing all silly.

We, I, could not win a penny. Kevin and Stephy won here and there, but not me. BUT, I was having FUN FUN FUN! Who knows when we'll get back, so I was just having fun while I could!!!

No comments: