Thursday, April 16, 2009

My My My Big Girl Mary

Oh the joys of being a mommy of a 2 1/2 year old. She's growing up so fast and becoming a little girl. We have begun the 'why' stage. Oh how fun that is. NOT! This is how a typical conversation goes.......
Mary I need you to clean up your toys
Why?
I need to see the floor.
Why?
We need a place to walk.
Why?
So we can make it from here to the couch.
Why?
So mommy and daddy don't trip and fall.
Why?
We don't want to get hurt.
Why?
Do you like to get hurt?
No?
Ok, now pick up your toys please.
WHY???
UGH, that's where I give up and start to take away toys and then she gets the picture and puts them away. BUT, this is a daily conversation, if not hourly. Fun Fun!
THEN, we are getting more jealous every day about Teresa. Now we will hit, poke, bite, and throw things at our sister because she's upset. It's REALLY hard to get anything done out of the room we are in and leave the two together. I'm not quite sure how to get her over this stage and we all survive. She will be such a good helper at times and give her sister love, but then there is the other 80% of the day. It'll get better, I know.
So, we move on with growing up. Everyone is still in Baja and so she has not had any alone attention time. They will be home on Sunday and I'm sure I"ll bombard them with the kids. I need some mommy time. But it's been good for all of us to try to survive just us, w/out any help. It's all good. We are a family and we need to know how to deal with each other, right?

No comments: