Thursday, August 14, 2008

OUCH!

Well, Mary has her first Urinary Tract Infection. Poor thing is in pain. It started yesterday. She would hold herself and almost cry when she would pee. So, today I took her to the doctor. This was a fun experience. They needed to get a sample to test. Well, she was not going to pee in a cup. Heck, I can hardly pee in a cup. So, they have these little bags that tape around her 'who who' and then we wait for her to pee. Well, it was not comfortable and she wanted to peel it off. So I had to keep her from playing with it while we waited for her to pee. I had her sitting on my lap when the peeing started. It started to run down my leg. All nice and warm and smelly. OH JOY! So I quickly put her back on the table and made sure the bag was catching the majority. Luckily we got a good sample. So, then I get her cleaned up and get the nurse. She even said that was lucky to get her to get the pee in there. The test showed she does have an infection and the doctor put her on medication for a week. 3 times a day for a week. Luckily it is pink and tastes good so Mary doesn't mind it. Now to get her fixed from this and try for the potty training thing. Not really looking forward to this. Oh well!

No comments: